Do You Offer Any Workshops?
For sure! Brian and I offer a handful of different types of workshops and online courses.
For over a decade, we’ve been teaching our 2-Day CONFIDENCE Photography Workshop for Women. This has sold out year after year and is for women who struggle with confidence in their photography. We have moms, grandmas, women who have a photography business but struggle with raising prices and confidence, single career ladies who love photography, college students, etc take this course.
We also teach and lead our Portrait of the World Photography Workshops to Italy, Greece, Thailand and in 2018 will be offering a couple travel workshops within the Americas! These book out within 24-48 hours of being announced, so be sure to join our private CONFIDENCE Facebook group and newsletter to save your seat.
For online courses, we teach the following;
In January, I teach an annual 5-week online workshop that is all about creativity, Restart Your Creative Life.
In June, Brian and I teach our annual 4-week online workshop, How to Capture Magical Light that includes weekly photo assignments and critiques.
Twice a year, Brian teaches a 4-week online course on how to organize ALL your photos called Custom Photo Organization to the Rescue.
And we are preparing to launch Restart in 2018, an online Master Course on how to grow your photography business. If you’re interested in that, you can join the Restart Waitlist by clicking here.
Our workshops and courses often sell out fast because they are only offered certain times of the year or every other year. To be the first to know and grab your spot, join our private CONFIDENCE Facebook group.
All Levels Welcome for All Workshops, Travel Workshops and Online Courses.
Do You Have Any Books?
Yes! Writing was my first love before I ever picked up a camera.
I have published 5 books with more coming!
Three are part of a best-selling photography series for parents that I published with Random House;
Beauty Restored was my first book, published in 2001, and is based on my story of how God pieced my heart back together after being a victim of date rape. The 25-Year Anniversary Edition will be coming out in 2018.
I also co-wrote a book with my business mentor, Jeff Jochum, called Work Happily Ever-After.
You can find all my books on my Amazon page or at your local bookstore.
How Do I Schedule a Family Story Shoot?
Every fall season, I do a tour to 6 different cities for 10-12 Family Story Shoots. To request that I come to your city next fall or learn more details on what my Family Story Shoots include, click here.
What Camera Gear and Equipment Do You Normally Use?
Brian and I have been shooting with SONY camera gear since 2007. We love their mirrorless systems. Below is a list of our main gear, but you can also check out the following blog posts to see the gear up close, as well as images we’ve shot.
What is the Best Camera Gear for a Beginner?
So glad you asked and one of our most popular questions! I wrote a dedicated blog post to answer this very question for you. See the camera gear and sample photos taken with the cameras and lenses that we suggest for beginners.
How Do I Hear You Speak or Invite You to Speak?
Brian and I speak throughout the US every year. To see our upcoming speaking engagements, CLICK HERE.
To inquire about me speaking at your conference or event, CLICK HERE.
We look forward to meeting you in person!
How Do You Stay Creative, Healthy and Energetic with All Your Travel?
Keeping our family healthy, strong and creative is not by accident. After twenty-five years of searching for the best supplements and daily practices to stay healthy, this is what our daily regiment looks like;
- MORNING RITUAL. We start every morning with fresh lemon squeezed into a glass of water to shift the acidic stomach to alkaline for better digestion throughout the day.
- HYDRATION. Then we take Amino Acids with water to help hydrate our bodies from sleep. We do this twice a day, sometimes three if we have an intense work out day.
- UNIVERA. For 10 years, we’ve been taking Univera’s Xtra and Aloe. We buy the Live Young Perfect Combo Deluxe product because it comes with small travel bottles for when we’re on the road. But if you don’t travel a lot, I would get the Live Young Perfect Combo that is cheaper. This product helps with cell renewal which means energy, mental clarity, focus, joint support and more. The Aloe is incredibly healing for stomach issues, mold, and allergies to name a few. My mom first found this product because my dad, brothers and myself travel internationally every month. She wanted something to help our immune systems stay strong. After 10 years of taking this product, I can tell you that this has been ESSENTIAL to our strong health. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT UNIVERA.
- BULLETPROOF COFFEE. We also drink Bulletproof Coffee every morning to feed our body and brain the healthy fats it needs for creativity, focus, energy and to curb sugar or salt cravings. Bulletproof Coffee is a combination of Ghee, MCT Oil, Truvia and sometimes Collagen for tasteless, odorless protein. Since I’m allergic to caffeine, I replace the coffee with organic Vanilla Powder. You can see the book, Bulletproof Diet, to learn more. But if you’re Blood Type A, I suggest not doing his two-week diet. However, it’s perfect for Blood Type O’s!
- ESSENTIAL OILS is also a big part of our daily and travel regiment. CLICK HERE to see the essential oils we use everyday and travel with. You can also watch our LIVE video in our Facebook Confidence Group that shares more on which ones we use and why. Throughout the year, we also host live video calls with my dear friend Amie Dockery. Her story of overcoming breast cancer is amazing, and her new book is rich with information on essential oils and healthy living! If you’re interested in hearing more, feel free to email me with any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
- DIET. What we eat is a big part of staying healthy. We try our best to eat organic produce, gluten-free grains, grass-fed beef and pasteurized eggs. We love the book, Eat Right for Your Blood Type.
- EXERCISE. Not all types of exercise benefit every body type and blood type. It’s also important to know set your goals before jumping into an exercise regiment. We exercise as a family to build endurance and strength for intense travel, as well as feeling good and processing stress. Stepping on the scale for a specific weight is not why we exercise. How we feel is much more the motivator. Our family loves doing a combination of strength training, running, yoga, swimming and rock climbing. Or sometimes the goal is simply 10K steps a day. 🙂
What is Your Best Travel Advice?
Depending on what kind of trip you’re planning, we have a LOT to share about travel.
Subscribe to our weekly show Adventure Family on YouTube for all our best travel tips, reviews, and photo tips!
Is There a Question I Didn’t Answer?
If you’ve got a burning question that I didn’t answer here, feel free to email me at email@example.com.
And definitely join our private Confidence Facebook group where you can post your questions 24/7!
-Me Ra and Brian